One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scrap dealer
- ‘Nearby a scrap merchant was weighing a crate full of spent shell-cases.’
- ‘Screws holding the plaques stolen last month in place were sawn off and it is feared the thieves may attempt to sell them to scrap merchants.’
- ‘If their owners don't claim them soon, they'll be transported to a scrap merchant's and unceremoniously put through the crusher.’
- ‘Firefighters tackled a massive blaze involving at least 100 vehicles at a York scrap merchant's yard today.’
- ‘He had set up a deal with a scrap merchant to sell the track for £40 a tonne but was arrested before any money changed hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.