One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small terrier of a rough-haired short-legged breed.
- ‘The most memorable campaign remarks of 1944 were FDR's mocking defense of Fala, his Scottish terrier, against the charge that he sent a destroyer to fetch the pooch from Alaska.’
- ‘Miss Beazley, an 11-week-old Scottish terrier, now has the run of the White House along with her older brother, Barney.’
- ‘Some passers-by said they had seen a Scottish terrier earlier but didn't know where she had gone.’
- ‘The informality of the evening was reflected in the presence of Barney, the president's black Scottish terrier.’
- ‘Our mascot is a Scottish terrier known as McFog the Dog - very clever indeed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.