One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member or supporter of Scottish nationalism or of the Scottish National Party.
- ‘Meanwhile, don't expect the Scottish Nationalists to portray themselves so much as ‘Scotland's Party ’, but as the localised campaign group fighting to save your local post office.’
- ‘The interest of Westminster politicians in devolution for Scotland and Wales was prompted primarily by the rise of electoral support for the Scottish Nationalist party in 1974.’
- ‘He immediately allied himself with the Scottish Nationalists of the day, the faction which pursued the defence of independence.’
- ‘But some Scottish Nationalists are opposed to the idea, believing that as Scotland's national flag, only the Saltire should fly above Holyrood.’
- ‘Neither Labour nor the Scottish Nationalists seem likely to take a risk on it, particularly as it would cost so much administratively and politically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.