One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preparation for giving a waterproof grease- and stain-resistant finish to textiles, leather, and other materials, based on organofluorine compounds.
- ‘If your favorite hat isn't waterproof, spray the surface with a water-repellant fabric treatment such as Scotchgard.’
- ‘The surest way to keep your bag looking gorgeous is to have it treated with a stain resistant such as Scotchgard, either by yourself or by a dry cleaner.’
- ‘Spray the fabric with a protector such as Scotchgard before installing it on the headboard.’
- ‘Despite the 2000 withdrawal, Scotchgard is back on the market after reformulation to a more environmentally benign fluorine-based chemistry.’
- ‘These compounds show up in everything from rugs and furniture treated with Scotchguard to Teflon pans, Goretex camping gear and certain types of dental floss.’
Treat with Scotchgard.‘thank goodness she'd had the rug Scotchgarded’
- ‘Buy long johns, Scotchguard your jeans to waterproof them, visit a local resort, and sign up with an instructor.’
- ‘Aren't you glad you got that fabric Scotchgarded ™?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.