One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard-boiled egg enclosed in sausage meat, rolled in breadcrumbs, and fried.
- ‘I don't really miss any English food when I'm in Los Angeles, apart from maybe a nice Scotch egg down my local pub.’
- ‘More traditional grub, such as a cheese and onion pasty or Scotch egg, follows in the evening.’
- ‘He is doing a roaring trade in excellent meat pies, a range of scrumptious sausages and the most authentic Scotch eggs we have tried, Scotland included.’
- ‘I had a couple of glasses of sparkling mineral water and a few mini Scotch eggs, and pretended to be interested in what was going on.’
- ‘Tarquin tucks into the final Scotch egg with a deep sigh, and lies back contentedly on the rug as the drizzle begins to fall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.