One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
contemptuously, with contempt, derisively, witheringly, mockingly, with a sneer, scathingly, snidely, disparagingly, superciliously, disdainfully, dismissivelyView synonyms
- ‘One critic described him scornfully as ‘vacillating in opinion and wavering in decision.’’
- ‘I gave a derisive snort and laughed scornfully.’
- ‘He scornfully rejected those charges yesterday, saying he acted in self-defence.’
- ‘‘I know that,’ I said scornfully, my impatience vibrating off the bannisters.’
- ‘In other writings, he is scornfully dismissive of the idea that there is such a thing as ‘the truth.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.