One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The news for today, apart from the fact that Munich is scorchingly hot, is that I apparently have a first class honours degree.’
- ‘But of course he says this, and a great deal more, far more wittily and scorchingly every time he goes into a recording studio.’
- ‘The cockpit became scorchingly hot, and I could see the heat waves coming off the generator as it struggled to keep up with my fast firing.’
- ‘Ten minutes and a scorchingly confusing user interface later, we'd ordered our pizza.’
- ‘It looked scorchingly hot out there in the opening minutes of the broadcast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.