One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It looked scorchingly hot out there in the opening minutes of the broadcast.’
- ‘Ten minutes and a scorchingly confusing user interface later, we'd ordered our pizza.’
- ‘But of course he says this, and a great deal more, far more wittily and scorchingly every time he goes into a recording studio.’
- ‘The news for today, apart from the fact that Munich is scorchingly hot, is that I apparently have a first class honours degree.’
- ‘The cockpit became scorchingly hot, and I could see the heat waves coming off the generator as it struggled to keep up with my fast firing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.