Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for hyoscine
- ‘Causative medications are droperidol, diphenhydramine, meperidine, promethazine, atropine, and scopolamine.’
- ‘What do aspirin, codeine, ipecac, reserpine, scopolamine, theophylline, and vinblastine have in common?’
- ‘Further searches revealed a paper confirming the presence of scopolamine in this plant.’
- ‘Several studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of glycopyrrolate and scopolamine in the treatment of sialorrhea.’
- ‘In all preceding studies, alkaloid production was measured as scopolamine and hyoscyamine only.’
Late 19th century: from Scopolia (genus name of the plants yielding it) + amine.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.