One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hyoscine
- ‘Several studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of glycopyrrolate and scopolamine in the treatment of sialorrhea.’
- ‘Causative medications are droperidol, diphenhydramine, meperidine, promethazine, atropine, and scopolamine.’
- ‘In all preceding studies, alkaloid production was measured as scopolamine and hyoscyamine only.’
- ‘Further searches revealed a paper confirming the presence of scopolamine in this plant.’
- ‘What do aspirin, codeine, ipecac, reserpine, scopolamine, theophylline, and vinblastine have in common?’
Late 19th century: from Scopolia (genus name of the plants yielding it) + amine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.