One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fishing net on a long handle used for reaching to the bottom of a river or other shallow water.
- ‘Sylvia and Lionel first caught whitebait on the Awakino River using a little fold up scoop net and graduated onto a stand up the Mokau.’
- ‘The guy who taught me how to catch fish, he only showed me how to catch fish by hand net, and scoop net.’
- ‘A helicopter with a scoop net and an inflatable rescue boat joined the search effort, but the man wasn't found.’
- ‘Today one finds all sorts of nets in the Kavango including gill nets, scoop nets and pull nets.’
- ‘We actually have a modified little aquarium fish scoop net on the end of a long pole and that's exactly what we're doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.