One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fishing net on a long handle used for reaching to the bottom of a river or other shallow water.
- ‘Sylvia and Lionel first caught whitebait on the Awakino River using a little fold up scoop net and graduated onto a stand up the Mokau.’
- ‘We actually have a modified little aquarium fish scoop net on the end of a long pole and that's exactly what we're doing.’
- ‘Today one finds all sorts of nets in the Kavango including gill nets, scoop nets and pull nets.’
- ‘A helicopter with a scoop net and an inflatable rescue boat joined the search effort, but the man wasn't found.’
- ‘The guy who taught me how to catch fish, he only showed me how to catch fish by hand net, and scoop net.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.