Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The treatment of varicose blood vessels by the injection of an irritant which causes inflammation, coagulation of blood, and narrowing of the blood vessel wall.
- ‘Injection sclerotherapy is a surgical treatment in which the veins are injected with a chemical that closes them completely.’
- ‘Injection sclerotherapy is an alternative to band ligation in first and second degree haemorrhoids.’
- ‘Both sclerotherapy and laser therapy cost about $250 per treatment and require about three treatments for optimal results.’
- ‘Endoscopic sclerotherapy is an effective method for the control of acute as well as long-term control of bleeding oesophageal varices.’
- ‘Injection sclerotherapy is the non-surgical treatment for primary varicose veins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.