The treatment of varicose blood vessels by the injection of an irritant which causes inflammation, coagulation of blood, and narrowing of the blood vessel wall.
- ‘Injection sclerotherapy is a surgical treatment in which the veins are injected with a chemical that closes them completely.’
- ‘Injection sclerotherapy is the non-surgical treatment for primary varicose veins.’
- ‘Endoscopic sclerotherapy is an effective method for the control of acute as well as long-term control of bleeding oesophageal varices.’
- ‘Both sclerotherapy and laser therapy cost about $250 per treatment and require about three treatments for optimal results.’
- ‘Injection sclerotherapy is an alternative to band ligation in first and second degree haemorrhoids.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.