One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complication of ulcerative colitis in which the bile ducts develop irregularities and narrowing.
- ‘Primary sclerosing cholangitis is associated with ulcerative colitis in 75% of cases, although the two may develop at different times.’
- ‘Primary sclerosing cholangitis is frequently associated with ulcerative colitis.’
- ‘Primary sclerosing cholangitis associated with ulcerative colitis is twofold more common in men than women.’
- ‘Many patients with sclerosing cholangitis also have ulcerative colitis.’
- ‘Intrinsic lesions of the bile duct (strictures, sclerosing cholangitis, cholangiocarcinoma) are less common.’
1980s: sclerosing from the verb sclerose (back-formation from sclerosed); cholangitis from Greek khole ‘bile’ + angeion ‘vessel’ + -itis.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.