One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘They discuss the scleractinian skeleton in detail, covering, in their words, its morphology, mineralogy, growth, and chemistry.’
- ‘For example, fragmentation in scleractinian corals can reduce fecundity in polyps surrounding the damaged region or even entire coral colonies, by an unknown mechanism.’
- ‘Changes in biomineralization styles that occur in skeletal ontogeny provide important clues about possible constraints on microstructural evolution of the scleractinian skeleton.’
- ‘Modern scleractinian corals appear, and in the equatorial Tethyean regions form small patch reefs no more than a meter high and often build on the decaying remains of sponge reefs.’
- ‘In any case, most if not all Triassic scleractinians, whether zooxanthellate or not, show skeletal construction different from modern (strictly post-Cretaceous) equivalents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.