One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘In any case, most if not all Triassic scleractinians, whether zooxanthellate or not, show skeletal construction different from modern (strictly post-Cretaceous) equivalents.’
- ‘Modern scleractinian corals appear, and in the equatorial Tethyean regions form small patch reefs no more than a meter high and often build on the decaying remains of sponge reefs.’
- ‘They discuss the scleractinian skeleton in detail, covering, in their words, its morphology, mineralogy, growth, and chemistry.’
- ‘For example, fragmentation in scleractinian corals can reduce fecundity in polyps surrounding the damaged region or even entire coral colonies, by an unknown mechanism.’
- ‘Changes in biomineralization styles that occur in skeletal ontogeny provide important clues about possible constraints on microstructural evolution of the scleractinian skeleton.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.