Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The period in the day when pupils are at school.‘I'll make the appointment for you in school time’
- ‘After school time, we often had our jamming session together in the studio.’
- ‘They only have to train me in the legalities of booking people for stopping in these areas, during school times.’
- ‘She added: ‘It started off as just a job for a few hours a day which fitted in around school times but it has become something I love doing.’’
- ‘We ask all parents to keep the gateway clear at school times.’
- ‘But, according to a union source, department officials have been pushing for all meetings to be held outside school times.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.