One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an official who reports on teaching standards in schools on behalf of Ofsted.
- ‘The particular problems of schools in Glasgow have been recognised by the schools inspectors.’
- ‘A local pre-school has moved into 2005 on a high after being given a big thumbs up by school inspectors.’
- ‘After teaching English at a range of schools he spent ten years as a school inspector in North Yorkshire, later appointed principal adviser.’
- ‘As we can see even a school inspector has come to recognise this fact.’
- ‘An early school inspector reported that the children were being taught with skill and care, but highlighted discipline problems.’
- ‘The Mormon church in Britain is to get a £1m windfall from a former schools inspector who yesterday sold his business for almost £20m.’
- ‘‘She was highly commended by school inspectors and was a first class teacher and a lovely person,’ said Mrs Jones.’
- ‘There was a similar stiffening of control in the schools, to each of which, earlier, had been appointed a school inspector to watch over morals and political opinions.’
- ‘There will be a process of enforcement involving local authorities and schools inspectors.’
- ‘There are memories aplenty, too, from his time as a school inspector.’
- ‘Not all district offices are functioning effectively and school inspectors no longer exist, thanks largely to union objections.’
- ‘A Northcliffe teacher expressed surprise that it had been placed in special measures by school inspectors.’
- ‘He took his law degree and in 1942, after a school inspector pointed out he was not a trained teacher, he took his B.Ed. degree too, topping the list of students.’
- ‘‘This job is similar to a school inspector but inspecting police effectiveness and leadership,’ he said.’
- ‘The Pudsey office provides administrative staff to support school inspectors while the Leeds office monitors the education and care of young children.’
- ‘Mr Smith, a school inspector himself, said he is only too aware of the pressure facing schools during an inspection.’
- ‘But others complained about attitudes of school inspectors, teaching in state schools and the limitations placed upon teaching orders.’
- ‘Education ministers and schools inspectors are more skilled than immigration officers when it comes to driving people out.’
- ‘Pupils already receive sex education at school - although a report from school inspectors in April said this was failing to teach pupils enough about the dangers of sexually-transmitted diseases.’
- ‘Now all that is just a memory after the top school inspector in the country took time to praise the excellent education on offer there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.