One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit for the local administration of schools.
- ‘He also needs to put the brakes on the state's budget-busting aid to local school districts, spiraling up at two to three times the rate of inflation.’
- ‘For example, a child might switch out of a core school into a neighboring school district.’
- ‘Banks can abide by federal community reinvestment rules by buying small bond issues from local school districts, so they tend to gobble up the entire series.’
- ‘The trick for educators and school districts will be making teaching so rewarding that the newcomers stick around when more lucrative jobs beckon once again.’
- ‘They're used chiefly for the purposes of ranking schools and school districts.’
- ‘For each enrolled homeschooler, the public school district receives state and federal public tax money.’
- ‘So urge your local school district to remove this pothead's ramblings from the curriculum.’
- ‘States and local school districts also bear a huge financial burden.’
- ‘It provides many of the services mentioned above to children with disabilities through local school districts.’
- ‘In 16 years I have lived in 2 states, 4 houses and gone to school in 3 different school districts.’
- ‘Finally, we examine how local schools and school districts have addressed violence and disruption in their buildings and communities.’
- ‘In other words, would not there be differences in many different school districts to reflect the curriculum?’
- ‘The largest employers in this community are two major universities, the local school district, and the community hospital.’
- ‘No significant differences existed between urban and rural school districts or between urban and suburban school districts.’
- ‘Vending machines and company logos are positioned around the schools, and school districts often get a higher payback if the students drink more.’
- ‘Schools or school districts contract to use the database, which is then aligned to each state's individual requirements.’
- ‘Mainstream students are those who attend public schools within a school district.’
- ‘The federal school lunch program provides school districts with just $2 for a free lunch for the poorest children.’
- ‘To be sure, some school districts and individual schools see standards like these as a call to action.’
- ‘She has also partnered with her local school district to bring health information to students and teachers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.