One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The facts relevant to determining whether the ‘may’ becomes a ‘should’ are always local and thus in principle not susceptible to formal schematization.’
- ‘Sometimes ad hoc schematizations work best, to avoid showing unnecessary detail.’
- ‘The authors of these texts ‘carry out selections, generalizations, and historical schematizations, at the same time as they make value judgments on the object studied’.’
- ‘In fact the book is deceptively simple in that its schematization (sometimes over-elaborate for some tastes) appears to choke a more serious and sustained argument.’
- ‘This solar-system atom is so intuitively pleasing, such a neat schematization of the atom's anatomy, that it has become one of science's universal icons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.