One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is the second disc in another excellent series devoted to the rich seam of British Light Overtures, an area in which the composers from this sceptred isle were extremely prolific.’
- ‘The great emperor was revealed sitting on a throne, crowned and sceptered, and surprisingly well preserved.’
- ‘Already, there were tales last week of German beef being cut up in Ireland and repackaged for the supermarket shelves of this sceptred isle.’
- ‘There are also excellent specimens of sceptered and reverse-sceptered (sometimes called castellated) quartz crystals.’
- ‘We have it on no less an authority than the Foreign Secretary that this is the favourite dish of choice up and down these sceptred isles from whence the touring party was recruited.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.