Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘For some unknown reason, the scenarists attempt to provide plausible biological and psychological underpinnings for Banner's super-powers.’
- ‘Stone uses his gifts as a scenarist to create a unique, inventive uplifting story.’
- ‘If the directors, scenarists, producers and major artistes make a firm resolve only to do quality films in future, they can sustain this trend.’
- ‘I strike a perfect balance with the scenarist and have thorough discussions about the scene order.’
- ‘Mankiewicz was a great producer, a good scenarist and a masterful writer of dialogue, but for me he was never a director.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.