One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game, typically played in an extensive outdoor area, in which participants have to collect a number of miscellaneous objects.
- ‘Okay class, today we're going to have a scavenger hunt!’
- ‘As a result of the scavenger hunt, students have become more observant and learned more about the environment that surrounds them.’
- ‘Recently, in a daylong event, employees formed teams and went on a scavenger hunt around Rochester.’
- ‘The games consisted of friendly science competitions including a scavenger hunt throughout downtown Montreal, and a construction/ingenuity game.’
- ‘Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt or searched for buried treasure - you know, those games that have children looking for clues and following directions to find the prize?’
- ‘When the caravan wraps up, you'll have a chance to win prizes in our trivia scavenger hunt.’
- ‘We were four adults acting like children on a scavenger hunt, searching for signs of renewal on lands burned by the wildfires of 2000.’
- ‘On that day, we've got a scavenger hunt going on with grab bags.’
- ‘While it wasn't a really long race course, there was a requirement to make eleven stops along the route as part of a scavenger hunt.’
- ‘Set off on a scavenger hunt on the beaches of Morecambe and collect as many items washed up on the shore as possible from 1.30 pm.’
- ‘These activities made up the morning's events before breaking for lunch and continuing on the rest of the day with a scavenger hunt and a children's tug-of-war.’
- ‘Plan a staff scavenger hunt that takes staff members to all areas of the camp property.’
- ‘After another round on the bike, we scrambled through woods and wetlands on a scavenger hunt.’
- ‘As in previous years, it engaged its audience in the manner of a scavenger hunt, requiring a spirit of adventure and discovery.’
- ‘I will not take whatever I please and hide it under the bed so my people can have a scavenger hunt looking for it.’
- ‘And on top of that, the party included a scavenger hunt.’
- ‘You and the staff can plan your own ‘Treasure Trek’ - a scavenger hunt that guides your party through some of the Field's most precious holdings.’
- ‘Do a photo scavenger hunt to make your walk more fun and adventurous.’
- ‘Instead of watching television, they can learn family history by playing a game similar to a scavenger hunt.’
- ‘The sport of geocaching is perhaps best described as a high-tech scavenger hunt in which computers and the Great Outdoors come together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.