One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for phagocyte
- ‘Comparison of cultures with plaque tissue and these scavenger cells, with and without the antibodies, elegantly confirmed this mechanism of amyloid plaque dissolution.’
- ‘This began to expand the concept of an alveolar macrophage to be more than just a phagocyte or scavenger cell and recognized it as an immune effecter cell.’
- ‘The dying cell is finally phagocytosed by scavenger cells.’
- ‘Microglia are believed to be the scavenger cells of the central nervous system.’
- ‘What's more, both SARS and the cat virus propagate by latching onto antibodies and then infecting scavenger cells that normally destroy germs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.