One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small cushion designed to be placed randomly so as to create a casual effect and to be moved as required.
pillow, bolster, headrestView synonyms
- ‘The decor of the bedrooms is uniform although the scatter cushions, which can vary in colour, are the exception.’
- ‘In the sitting room, a classic 2001 look might be a plain cream leather or natural fabric sofa, brightened up by scatter cushions covered in an animal-print fabric or suede.’
- ‘Cover dated or worn sofas and chairs with large throws in a neutral colour so that they aren't the main focus of the room, use scatter cushions to brighten things up.’
- ‘For a comfortable seat, add a series of scatter cushions to match the rest of the curtains and soft furnishings in the room.’
- ‘The beautiful three-seater Balinese wooden sofa decorated with bright pink and white scatter cushions was bought from a hotel on a recent trip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.