One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dotted designs represent facial scarifications and remind the viewer of the fleeting nature of youth.’
- ‘Decoration on either side of the abdomen may consist of spirals or animal motifs, and in this area of Nigeria, a prominent navel with surrounding scarification is a sign of beauty.’
- ‘Each had to be carefully pre-treated with scarification, the seed coats being ruptured by laborious scratching with a sharp scalpel.’
- ‘As a forwarder, the 1210A is a good machine but for scarification we found it to be undersized.’
- ‘In spring, you may also want to give it a scarification to get the thatch (dead matter) out of the roots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.