- technical term for shoulder blade
- ‘The humerus articulates with the scapula (shoulder blade) at the shoulder, and with the radius and the ulna at the elbow.’
- ‘A plate of bone extending from the medial margin of the scapula to the vertebral column has been reported (Ingersoll).’
- ‘Only the coracoclavicular ligaments, coracoacromial ligament, the clavicle, and the scapula were preserved.’
- ‘The large trapezius muscle extends from the base of the skull to the last thoracic vertebrae, and from the spinal column to the scapulae.’
- ‘The fourth step is to emphasize the retractor muscles of the scapula and to correct any forward-head posture.’
Late 16th century: from late Latin, singular of Latin scapulae shoulder blades.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.