One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They put pictures of scantly clad women on their covers.’
- ‘The effect of ethanol on the feeding behaviour of animals is scantly documented and the understanding of the factors influencing alcohol ingestion is limited.’
- ‘The babies, unfortunately, remain scantly seen as in the first film.’
- ‘They have wonderful calamari, pale as dawn light, scantly breaded, quickly fried, and just as buoyant as a breeze.’
- ‘Many are not aware that this song was scantly known during the lifetime of Bankim himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.