One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The effect of ethanol on the feeding behaviour of animals is scantly documented and the understanding of the factors influencing alcohol ingestion is limited.’
- ‘Many are not aware that this song was scantly known during the lifetime of Bankim himself.’
- ‘They have wonderful calamari, pale as dawn light, scantly breaded, quickly fried, and just as buoyant as a breeze.’
- ‘They put pictures of scantly clad women on their covers.’
- ‘The babies, unfortunately, remain scantly seen as in the first film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.