One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A scannable resume is created when your paper resume is electronically scanned or ‘read’ by an employer's computer and stored as a computer file.’
- ‘It would certainly be possible to enumerate the points a little more, thus making the page more ‘list-like’ (as with bullets or something) and scannable.’
- ‘This article provides an overview of these two most popular formats and offers some current insights on developing the most effective electronic scannable resume.’
- ‘Such a bar code uses a reduced space symbology technology, a next-generation scannable bar code system that provides more data for ‘space-constrained’ applications.’
- ‘If it's not in a scannable format, it won't get noticed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.