One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Is it prepared to recognise that we are, in comparison to our Scandinavian neighbours in the north, and now, even to England in the south, scandalously under-funded?’
- ‘Albeit scandalously late, the magistrate took this decisive step after the prosecution's 12 witnesses had failed to appear 31 times.’
- ‘That explains the bullyboy tactics and the arbitrary, unilateral narrowing of just what can be reconciled and what can't, as defined by the scandalously leading and biased questions on which British Columbians were asked to vote.’
- ‘We urge the Government to act on the report's recommendations, channelling resources into the NHS that have been scandalously lacking in the past.’
- ‘In her late twenties - a scandalously late age - she married.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.