One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pangolin
- ‘Their operation, which could easily have caused outbreaks of foot-and-mouth disease as well as salmonella infections, saw protected Tantalus monkeys and giant scaly anteaters offered as part of a menu of jungle dishes.’
- ‘Analysis of these fossils showed the ancient creature to be a small mammal, possibly distantly related to the modern scaly anteater known as the pangolin.’
- ‘Visiting the sanctuary's Operations Centre, we learn about programs to protect other indigenous species, such as sea turtles and scaly anteaters.’
- ‘In contrast with the Xenarthra, the Old World Pholidota is not trophically diverse and contains only the myrmecophagous pangolins, or scaly anteaters.’
- ‘Alternatively they may climb trees in search of tree ants, as do the pangolins or scaly anteaters of the genus Manis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.