One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The internal scaler on the unit performed quite well and we were hard-pressed to notice any scaling artifacts.’
- ‘Archie Brown was first a ship scaler, and then a longshoreman - a dockworker all his life.’
- ‘A scaler would come out, measure the logs and they would be paid.’
- ‘But noisy transfers really give scalers a hard time, and cause even more artifacts than are actually in the material.’
- ‘This creates slightly harsh, overexposed areas of light that most video scalers tend to turn into a blob of crawling noise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.