One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She pushes the limits of what is sayable, pushes the limits of language, and with them, the limits of law.’
- ‘What someone from one culture is thinking may not be fully sayable in the language of another culture.’
- ‘Though it opens and closes with the starkness of words on a page, or in part because it does, the film focuses the viewer on that which is not said, not sayable.’
- ‘The challenge of translating the richness and complexity of Aeschylus's language into a poetically charged but sayable English that was still faithful to the original Greek did indeed distract me from the pain that I was living through.’
- ‘I have said that stories try to say what isn't sayable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.