One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said by a photographer to encourage the subject to smile.
- ‘All of them paste their best smiles and say cheese.’
- ‘I was told to smile, hey look at the camera and smile, and say cheese.’
- ‘Well if they will encourage the proliferation of CCTV what do they expect us to do: smile and say cheese?’
- ‘Once a firm favourite, apparently just one in five of us now say cheese when we are having our photograph taken, putting it just third in the top ten.’
- ‘Tiger was photographed so often he almost knew when to turn to say cheese!’
- ‘And, though the English say cheese, the Koreans say fermented cabbage (kim chi).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.