One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small palm with fan-shaped leaves that have sharply toothed stalks, native to the south-eastern US.
- ‘For years, berries of the saw palmetto plant have been used to treat bladder and prostate conditions.’
- ‘Primary vegetation shielding the nest was dwarf live oak and saw palmetto.’
- ‘The Native Americans in Florida first used berries from the saw palmetto in the early 1700s to treat testicular atrophy, erectile dysfunction, and prostate gland swelling or inflammation.’
- ‘The saw palmetto is a short palm tree indigenous to the Southeastern United States, where Native Americans used its berries to treat urinary problems.’
- ‘The under story is characteristically open, with large expanses of white sand interspersed with the oaks and saw palmetto.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.