One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small palm with fan-shaped leaves that have sharply toothed stalks, native to the south-eastern US.
Several species in the family Palmae, in particular Serenoa repens
- ‘The under story is characteristically open, with large expanses of white sand interspersed with the oaks and saw palmetto.’
- ‘Primary vegetation shielding the nest was dwarf live oak and saw palmetto.’
- ‘The saw palmetto is a short palm tree indigenous to the Southeastern United States, where Native Americans used its berries to treat urinary problems.’
- ‘The Native Americans in Florida first used berries from the saw palmetto in the early 1700s to treat testicular atrophy, erectile dysfunction, and prostate gland swelling or inflammation.’
- ‘For years, berries of the saw palmetto plant have been used to treat bladder and prostate conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.