One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of personal savings to disposable income in an economy.
- ‘In the transition period, where the assets of the pension funds are gradually increased through the accumulation of the pension contributions, the aggregate savings ratio in the economy will be higher.’
- ‘Recent reports suggest that China has one of the highest savings ratios in the world, some 30%, compared to less than 5% in Britain.’
- ‘This will provide an unprecedented windfall for the Irish consumer and should act as a catalyst for a fall in the current excessively high savings ratios.’
- ‘In addition to threatening banks' interest income, this has also meant that the savings ratio is down because people had become accustomed to high returns.’
- ‘The single most important aspect of his new plan to boost the savings ratio is its very clear aim of altering popular attitudes to the accumulation of capital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.