Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A small room used as a hot-air or steam bath for cleaning and refreshing the body.figurative ‘the air-con was broken—the place was like a sauna’
bathtub, tub, hot tubView synonyms
- ‘It has 3 heated pools, a sauna, hot tubs, 2 playgrounds, volleyball courts, tennis courts, a hair salon, and a 24 hour fitness center.’
- ‘Guests can make use of the hotel's outdoor hot tub, sauna, steam room and relaxation suite.’
- ‘The campus also has a spa with a steam room, sauna, hot tub, cold plunge and Olympic-sized pool.’
- ‘Many Irish hotels now have a swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi and promote themselves as a spa.’
- ‘In between treatments, guest are free to make use of the hotel's pool, sauna and steam rooms, jacuzzi or gym.’
- ‘Members will also have access to amenities such as a whirlpool, a steam room and a sauna.’
- ‘The basement of the central block houses a private gym, Turkish bath, sauna, jacuzzi and massage room, all of which will overlook an outdoor pool.’
- ‘There is a sauna, steam bath, and an aromatherapy massage room.’
- ‘I occasionally visit a male-only centre with saunas, steam baths, spa pools and rest areas.’
- ‘Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight, tanning beds, saltwater, pools, saunas and hot tubs for 2 weeks.’
- ‘A private on-site leisure complex, due to open in the next few months, will contain a fully equipped gym and swimming pool as well as a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.’
- ‘On Friday, they can enjoy a prebreakfast dip and refresh in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.’
- ‘There is now an expanded spa, with four treatment rooms, indoor and outdoor heated pools, gym, saunas and steam rooms.’
- ‘After a morning on the slopes, relax in the chalet's exquisite solarium where you can enjoy the beauty and activity of the great outdoors from the lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, or fitness room.’
- ‘After an energetic day outdoors, Nicole and her friends can relax their muscles in the hotel's whirlpools, sauna, and steam room.’
- ‘I like to try something new or make a ‘spa’ day out of it and spend a lot of time in the sauna, pool, hot tub, steam room.’
- ‘It will include a 20-metre swimming pool, a children's paddling pool, a 10,000 square feet gym, saunas and steam rooms.’
- ‘Time spent in a sauna or steam bath is considered a necessary luxury by Lithuanians.’
- ‘We also added a sauna, a steam bath and double shower, and a sports-equipment storage room.’
- ‘The hotel has a leisure centre with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym and 1,500 acres of country estate.’
- 1.1A session in a sauna.‘I went home and took a sauna for an hour and a half’
- ‘However, if this seems a bit too much like hard work, why not try a steam bath or sauna?’
- ‘After swimming, guests can take a sauna or gentle steam bath, tone up in the gym or have a jog on the beaches.’
- ‘To reduce stress, add weekly regenerative sessions to your routine, such as saunas, massage, meditation, or counseling.’
- ‘When you take a 20-minute sauna or steam bath, your body temperature rises to about 104 degrees, and you sweat out one pound of water.’
Late 19th century: from Finnish.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.