Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A chef who prepares sauces.
cook, cordon bleu cook, food preparerView synonyms
- ‘He considers himself a good cook, saying, ‘In another life, I would be a saucier.’’
- ‘The sauciers worked on a continuous flat electric burner the size of my kitchen counter.’
- ‘The kitchen was staffed with a full-time pastry chef, baker, entremetier, grill cook, garde-manger, saucier, and sous-chef.’
- ‘From Spain, I went back to Daniel and was saucier there for a year and a half.’
- ‘It is unusual to find a good saucier who is also an able patissier.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.