A spiritual discourse or sacred gathering.
- ‘He is instrumental in conducting Gita discourses, satsangs and music sessions.’
- ‘The Sri Ganesha Society of British Columbia, comprised of 100 Sri Lankan families, holds weekly satsangs and monthly chaturthi pujas.’
- ‘Their enthusiasm for the Hindu festivals and the Sunday satsangs is commendable, but typical of a community thousands of miles from their homeland.’
- ‘Family, relatives and friends gather for satsang to share and enjoy their artistic gifts.’
- ‘The hallmark of this celebration would be the nightlong satsang.’
From Sanskrit satsaṅga ‘association with good men’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.