One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telephone that transmits its signal via a geostationary communications satellite.
- ‘I never imagined I'd need a satphone to make a phone call from central London.’
- ‘Chris apologizes for the lack of updates over the past few days, but he's been having some technical difficulties with the satphone he's using.’
- ‘I had tried to transmit with this laptop and my satphone for about an hour in the afternoon, but for the first time, it was impossible to get a connection.’
- ‘By Monday June 2 his condition had deteriorated and Rob sought medical advice using satphone.’
- ‘I come back at night, set up the satphone, write a little more and try to transmit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.