One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The feeling or state of being sated.‘a molecule that seems to regulate satiety’
satiation, satisfaction, sufficiency, repleteness, repletion, fullnessView synonyms
- ‘A diet high in simple carbohydrates does not provide you with a feeling of satiety.’
- ‘Leptin is a hormone produced by adipocytes that acts in the hypothalamus to signal satiety and to increase basal metabolic rate.’
- ‘However, these drugs may be useful, particularly in patients with other dyspeptic symptoms such as nausea or early satiety.’
- ‘A diet high in fat, low in fiber and high in fluid calories rather than solid calories doesn't provide effective cues to regulate hunger and satiety.’
- ‘The work on liquid calories started with the suggestion that liquid calories somehow failed to stimulate satiety.’
Mid 16th century: from Old French saciete, from Latin satietas, from satis ‘enough’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.