One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong cord attaching either of the sash weights of a sash window to a sash.mass noun ‘they trussed them in sash cord’
- ‘Gently lever out any nails holding the broken sash cords to the window frame.’
- ‘They are subject to rot and paint loss, loose fit, worn or no weather stripping, broken sash cords and malfunction.’
- ‘Be sure you do not cover the pulleys and that the sash cords or chains can run free.’
- ‘Also, if your sash cords dangle near the floor, install a hook to hang them higher up - they're a strangulation risk.’
- ‘When replacing sash cord, put a 16d nail into the end of the cord before feeding it through the pulley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.