One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their implicit ferocity, however, has been tempered by humor, sardonicism, even understatement, yet the transforming anger of his decency and moral imperative informs everything between the lines.’
- ‘The six-step breakbeat boogie combines with the suspicious brass of 50s cartoons and dazes Doom's creatures with its blatant sardonicism.’
- ‘With his trademark sardonicism, he reflected upon the elaborate systems of belief that provide meaning to human existence in general, and impetus for creative activity in particular.’
- ‘His swaggering intonations are such a signature part of his act, in fact, that it's hard to sit down with a book of his material and block out the meandering sardonicism of his baritone from the inner ear.’
- ‘The trio surprises a bit, with traces of a pawky Prokofieff sardonicism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.