One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Second, there seems to be no significant anisotropy in the sarcoplasmic diffusion of proteins.’
- ‘The sarcoplasmic membrane returns to its resting electrical potential (about 60 mV more positive outside), as does the entire T tubule system and the SR membrane.’
- ‘Interestingly, in both ventricles myocytes adjacent to the adipose tissue showed multiple sarcoplasmic vacuoles.’
- ‘It is this cAMP that activates cAMP-dependent protein kinase, or PKA, that phosphorylates various cardiac ion channels in the sarcolemma and within the sarcoplasmic reticulum.’
- ‘Increased cAMP in vascular smooth muscle causes an increase in ionized calcium uptake by the sarcoplasmic reticulum, leaving little ionized calcium to facilitate contraction and resulting in smooth muscle relaxation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.