One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In Saracenic armies, bands composed of reeds and pipes of various sorts played during combat to encourage their own troops and to show that the line remained unbroken.’
- ‘The real treat, though, is a series of shimmering blue-green plates embedded in the side, between the Cosmatesque mosaics: twelfth-century Saracenic ware, on which Arabic characters are clearly visible.’
- ‘The Crusaders destroyed the splendid library of Tripoli and reduced to ashes many of the glorious centres of Saracenic art and culture.’
- ‘Val Pellice produces a speciality cheese, the origins of which stem from the early Middle Ages when occasional Saracenic groups ventured into the Alps.’
- ‘You walked into a courtyard lined with Saracenic arches rising from polyhedral capitals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.