One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In Saracenic armies, bands composed of reeds and pipes of various sorts played during combat to encourage their own troops and to show that the line remained unbroken.’
- ‘The Crusaders destroyed the splendid library of Tripoli and reduced to ashes many of the glorious centres of Saracenic art and culture.’
- ‘You walked into a courtyard lined with Saracenic arches rising from polyhedral capitals.’
- ‘The real treat, though, is a series of shimmering blue-green plates embedded in the side, between the Cosmatesque mosaics: twelfth-century Saracenic ware, on which Arabic characters are clearly visible.’
- ‘Val Pellice produces a speciality cheese, the origins of which stem from the early Middle Ages when occasional Saracenic groups ventured into the Alps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.