One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to wisdom.‘I saw them as sapiential metaphors, far more meaningful than their didactic pretext’
- ‘I shall argue that it is this particular scroll movement in the midst of other royal, prophetic, priestly, and sapiential interests that gave decisive character to the entire Bible as the normative book.’
- ‘Personified Wisdom carries different meanings according to each sapiential thread - even though the expressions are similar and written within a relatively short time in the post-exilic period.’
- ‘Subsequently, legal and sapiential texts are produced to regulate and normalize the honoring of these survey indicators, and in so doing transform them into the imagination of the people.’
- ‘Psychologists, with their sapiential authority in empirically validated treatments and quantitative single case methods, are ideally poised to treat insomnia and insomnia sensitivity.’
- ‘Wisdom of Solomon thus saw a new synthesis of various sapiential traditions in a much broader philosophical/theological framework that could cope with a universalistic and Hellenistic perspective.’
Late 15th century: from Old French, or from ecclesiastical Latin sapientialis, from Latin sapientia ‘wisdom’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.