Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Toilet bowls, cisterns, and other fittings.
- ‘All wardrobes, sanitaryware and tiling is done, so no extra shopping for fittings is needed.’
- ‘Even the sanitary fittings are imported, despite the fact that Shanks of Barrhead are world-renowned suppliers of sanitaryware.’
- ‘Each master bedroom has an en suite bathroom with Philip Starck sanitaryware, fitted kitchens with integrated appliances, wooden flooring in the hallways and reception rooms and limestone flooring in the bathrooms.’
- ‘Saneux's ELI range of sanitaryware is intended to provide space saving and simplicity of style for a limited budget.’
- ‘The main investments of Spanish companies in Bulgaria are concentrated in the fields of metallurgy, sanitaryware, cement, and the meat industry.’
- ‘They focus on the large-scale production of acrylic baths, shower enclosures, trays and screens, and sanitaryware, under the Niagara and Fordham brands, selling to distributors, builders merchants and DIY firms.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.