One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An absorbent pad worn by women to absorb menstrual blood.
- ‘If your waters break, you'll want to change your underwear for your own comfort and the sanitary towels will help absorb the fluid’
- ‘This morning's breakfast experience was a sanitary towel commercial which informed me that ‘during your period, sitting for a long time and then suddenly standing can produce surprising leaks and odour’.’
- ‘Therefore, the biggest focus of the party was probably the sewing station where hand-stitched, washable sanitary pads were on display.’
- ‘The sanitary pad doesn't have wings, but it does absorb more blue ink than a leading rival, so they say.’
- ‘A girl's period may last 3 days to a week, and she can use sanitary napkins or tampons to absorb the blood.’
- ‘They are made up of: 20 toilet rolls, six packs of sanitary towels, six tooth brushes, six tubes of toothpaste, six packs of razors, four bars of soap and two large bars of clothes washing soap.’
- ‘It is also important to change sanitary napkins frequently during menstruation.’
- ‘She wondered why she never saw the sanitary towel strapped to her mum's armpit during the hot summer months.’
- ‘On the first floor, another cluster of women is engaged in the manufacture of inexpensive sanitary towels made with low cost technology.’
- ‘Changing tampons frequently or using sanitary towels.’
- ‘The rayon and cellulose for tampons and sanitary napkins produced at this mill are made with elemental chlorine.’
- ‘After the operation, a sanitary towel will need to be worn to absorb any vaginal bleeding, which is usually similar to a light period.’
- ‘But unlike the current system, which sees solid waste such as used sanitary towels and condoms washed into the rivers and streams with the rainwater, the submarine has a screen which collects all the debris.’
- ‘Patients often use up to 12 sanitary pads per day to absorb spontaneous loss of urine.’
- ‘Drain blockages often occurred when nappies, air fresheners and sanitary towels are flushed down the toilet.’
- ‘Now this is one commodity along with female sanitary pads, that I have always thought should need no advertising.’
- ‘Women still buy sanitary towels with enormous discretion, and carry their handbags to the loo when they only need to carry the pad.’
- ‘Avoid using feminine hygiene sprays, colored or perfumed toilet paper, sanitary pads or tampons that contain a deodorant, and bubble bath.’
- ‘If a woman needs a sanitary towel every single day, shouldn't she see a doctor instead of buying a dynamically designed knicker pad in a fancy pack?’
- ‘I was told that girls are required during strip-searching to hand over their knickers and sanitary pads for inspection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.