One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who collected excrement from areas with no sewers.‘each week the sanitary man would leave two pans for each toilet’
- ‘The sanitary man obviously hadn't been around recently.’
- ‘"You'll take the ashes and the rubbish too?" he said to the sanitary man.’
- ‘The sanitary man sometimes arrived at an inconvenient time.’
- ‘A fresh sanitary pan was replaced once a week by way of a trapdoor-like flap at the back, allowing the sanitary man to haul the used pan out and insert another.’
- ‘Throughout my school life, I was reminded that if I didn't perform well scholastically I might end up being a sanitary man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.