One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle used to collect excrement from areas with no sewers.‘even the sanitary cart seemed a picturesque vehicle’
- ‘The sanitary cart called to collect the waste only once a week.’
- ‘May remembers his sanitary cart and its team of about four horses.’
- ‘Ordure built up in the small courtyards and was removed by a sanitary cart once a week.’
- ‘They insisted on 'the right to sleep at home, catch the sanitary cart to work, or walk'.’
- ‘The bowl of the commode was placed outside at night to be emptied by a sanitary cart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.