One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the long run, you can't sanely compete with the open-source mentality.’
- ‘When he was writing at the beginning of the last century, such a word was ‘utopian’: ‘The mere utterance of it could damn any scheme, no matter how sanely conceived, of economic amelioration or regeneration’.’
- ‘Regardless of which university we happen to be attending, one inevitably considers some variety of the question of how to live sanely in a difficult time.’
- ‘No one could sanely oppose the purchase of up-to-date equipment; but many of our military challenges require a response from an army with substantial manpower.’
- ‘Divorce laws were passed to stop unhappiness continuing in homes for longer than necessary and to help couples undo what they could no longer sanely do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.