One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounScottish, NZ, Australian
- another term for plimsoll
- ‘That's a lot of sewing machines turning out lots of t-shirts and sandshoes.’
- ‘Until recent years, Osborne players wore sandshoes until the rains came in May or June.’
- ‘On the beach, all Australians hide their keys and wallets by placing them inside their sandshoes.’
- ‘You're not going out in sandshoes on a night like this.’
- ‘When you stare at these sandshoes, remember that while they go on your feet, you are really wearing them upside your head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.