One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the Nature paper, we reported a huge emission feature due to silicate particles, miniscule, microscopic, sand-like particles, and such a feature was not present in the IRAS data, because IRAS could not do that kind of spectroscopy.’
- ‘The sand-like residue [from the mine's rock-crushing] is also a problem because it is still generating radon.’
- ‘Once the bright light dissipated, the remains of the hovering colony began dissolving into disabled dust, resting on the floor in heaps of black, sand-like material.’
- ‘The council then treated the residue with a sand-like substance before safely removing all of it from the roadway.’
- ‘Place a canvas drop cloth over the floor of the tub or shower to protect the surface from the sand-like grout that can scratch it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.