A wind-driven three-wheeled vehicle with a sail, used for racing on beaches.
- ‘Police were today trying to establish what safeguards were in place when a mum was killed by a sand yacht on a beach near Blackpool.’
- ‘Crown Prosecution Service lawyers are deciding whether any criminal charges will result following the fatal sand yacht collision in which a Burnley mum-of-two died.’
- ‘The sand yacht was piloted by Adrian, who was taking part in a race organised by the Fylde International Sand Yacht Club.’
- ‘Really, to do it justice we should be covering everything: road, rail, air, sea, sleds and sand yachts.’
- ‘Guests can also ride horses and race sand yachts on Le Touquet's 6 km of beach.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.